For those of you who already know how to do your own taxes, did you know that you could file it online for free? With a partnership between UFile.ca and the Canadian Federation of Students, you can file your taxes online and on time for free can be found here.
As for those who aren’t fortunate of having their own taxes done for them, don’t despair! You can have your income taxes done for you for FREE through the Community Volunteer Income Tax Program (CVITP) run through volunteer initiatives supported by the Canada Revenue Agency.
After scouring the internet, here’s a list of free tax clinics that I found run by your school’s student union. (If your school isn’t listed, here are alternative services that are under the CVITP program if you follow this link)
of University Alberta of University British Columbia Brock University Carleton University George Brown College McMaster University Mohawk College Ryerson University (St. George Campus) Universityof Toronto Universityof Toronto( Scarborough) (Undegraduate students) Universityof Waterloo (Graduate students) Universityof Waterloo University of Western Ontario York University
* Photo I.D. and S.I.N
* Rent Receipts
* Medical Receipts
* Charitable Donation Receipts
* Public Transit Passes (Monthly or longer)
* T4, Statement of Remuneration Paid
* T4A, Statement of Pension, Retirement, Annuity, and Other Income
* T4E, Statement of Employment Income and Benefits
* T5007, Statement of Benefits
* T5, Statement of Investment Income
* 2005 Notice of Assessment for Tuition carry forward amount
* RC62, Universal Child Care Benefit (UCCB)
* T2202A, Education Amount Certificate
If I accidentally omitted your school and you know that your school does in fact have a free tax clinic, please post it in the comments so everyone can benefit! Thanks!