Saturday, January 19, 2008

Nabbed galvanizd.com!

For a while I was mulling on trying to snatch a domain name that were either:

  1. www.galvanized.ca
  2. www.galvanized.com
  3. www.galvanized.net

Or some combination thereof. I had logged onto Sedo.com in order to see what the bid process for galvanized.ca would be... and got a response... $6000!!!

Crazy stuff eh? Considering I'm a very tight budget, and trying to stay within $20 a week - it hasn't been the smoothest of rides.

I realized today that a lot of startup web companies names have their domain names mispelled. For instance, flickr.com or "lookr.com" etc. As long as it SOUNDS fine, you're still good to go in terms of marketing, simplicity in a domain name and ease to remember.

So I give you.. GALVANIZD.com! Haha.. cost me about $10.45 after registering via NetFirms.ca, but this will definitely be something fun to learn from and re-embrace the inner computer nerd persona I shed years ago.

I'm definitely gonna have to tap Malcolm, Josh or Garmond in order to get some help in getting this thing up and running.. haa :)

No comments: